WE ARE ABOUT TRUST AND TRANSPARENCY! SEE OUR REVIEWS. BUY THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE DIPLOMAS, TRANSCRIPTS & DEGREES

Article - Colleges in Washington that have closed, merged, or changed their names

College Name    City    State    Start Date    End Date    Affiliation    Other Information    Source
Adelphia College    Seattle    Washington    1905    1919    Swedish Baptist    campus acquired by Seattle College; in 1930 the buildings were redicated at Seattle Preparatory School    www.historylink.org/output.CFM?file_ID=3266
www.augustana.edu/administration/SWENSON/Archives/orga_c.htm
Bellevue Community College    Bellevue    Washington    1966    
    state supported    name change to Bellevue College on April 13, 2009    www.bellevuecollege.edu
Bethania College    Everett    Washington    1907    1917    Lutheran Free Church    
    Solberg.  Lutheran Higher Education in North America.  1985.
College of Sister Formation    Issaquah    Washington    1961    1969    Sisters of Charity of Providence    founded for the education of Sisters, probably never enrolled lay students; now with Seattle University    Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America.  2002.
Columbia College    Everett    Washington    1909    1920    United Norwegian Lutheran Church    with unification of churches it was decided to support one higher education institution, the Pacific Lutheran Academy, later Pacific Lutheran College and establish a hospital on the Columbia College site in Everett    Solberg.  Lutheran Higher Education in North America.  1985.
Crown College    Tacoma    Washington    
    2007    proprietary    originally founded as Crown School of Hair Design in Everett, Washington; purchased in 1990 and changed name to Crown Academy that was accredited by the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools (NATTS) and licensed by the Washington State Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board.  within six months closed the beauty school and began a correctional officers training program; moved to Tacoma in 1991;  name change to Crown College in 1994; lost accreditation in 2007 and closed;    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_College_(Tacoma)
Forest Ridge Junior College    Seattle    Washington    
    1937    Religious of the Sacred Heart    
    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America. 2002.
Fort Wright College of the Holy Name    Spokane    Washington    1907    
    Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary    successor to Holy Names College; name changed to Heritage College in 1982 with move to Toppenish, WA    www.heritage.edu/about/history.htm
Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America.  2002.
Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
Griffin College    Seattle    Washington    
    1993    
    successor of Griffin-Murphey Business College; sites in Bellevue, Tacoma    
Henry Cogswell Collge    Kirkland & Everett    Washington    1979    2006    proprietary    founded in Kirkland as Cogswell College North as an affiliate of Cogswell College of Sunnyvale, CA; moved to Everett in 1996;     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cogswell_College
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogswell_College
Holy Names College    Spokane    Washington    1907    
    Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary    predecessor to Fort Wright College    www.heritage.edu/about/history.htm
Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America.  2002.
Moran Junior College    Brainbridge Island    Washington    1914    1933    
    property later purchased and re-opened as Puget Sound Naval Academy    www.interisland.net/cwlindenberg/psna.htm
Pacific Bible College    Spokane    Washington    1937    
    
    moved to Portland, OR in 1940; name changed to Warner Pacific College in 19959    Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
Puget Sound College of the Bible    
    Washington    1950    2007    
    Offered first classes in the autumn of 1950;  expanded and purchased a twenty-two room mansion on Sunset Avenue in West Seattle; property owned by Simpson Bible Institute in North Seattle near the Woodland Park Zoo was purchased in 1956; moved to downtown Edmonds, WA in 1977, and relocated to Mountlake Terrace, WA in 2001; In 1979 granted accreditation by the Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges (now the Association for Biblical Higher Education); June, 1984 the Trustees changed the name of the college to Puget Sound Christian College;     
Saint Martin's College    Lacey    Washington    1895    
    Roman Catholic Order of Saint Benedict    name changed to Saint Martin's University in 2005    http://www.stmartin.edu/about/history.htm
Seattle Labor College    Seattle    Washington    
    
    Koch, Raymond & Charlotte.  Educational Commune: The Story of Commonwealth College. P. 8
http://djvued.libs.uga.edu/text/co22txt.txt
Spokane Christian College    Spokane    Washington    
    1933    Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)    merged with Eugene Bible College becoming Northwest Christian College    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Spokane College    Spokane    Washington    1905    1929    Lutheran    in addition to a four-year academy, offered a ull liberal arts curriculum and operated a law school; dissension among Lutherans led to erosion of support and retrenchment to junior college and later to academy status be it merged with Pacific Lutheran College in 1929    www.plu.edu/about/geninfo.shtml
Solberg.  Lutheran Higher Education in North America.  1985.
Spokane University    Spokane    Washington    1912    
    
    Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987.
Tacoma Catholic College    Tacoma    Washington    
    1966    Dominican Sisters    closed to lay students in 1962; closed as a sisters' college in 1966    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America. 2002.
Tacoma College of Dental Surgery    Tacoma    Washington    
    1899    
    moves to Portland and merges with Oregon College of Dentistry to form North Pacific Dental College, later renamed North Pacific College of Oregon    www.ohsu.edu/about/history.html

    
    
    

    

    free web stats
last update:
    5/14/2010    
    
    
    
    

    
    
    
    



Please Wait... processing